Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Judging A Blog By Design, Are You Guilty As Charged?

❝To Judge A Blog By Design Or Not To?❞

This prompt is brought to you by Jenny from New Books For New Bloggers


Do you feel how your blog looks affects whether people follow you or not? | Do you sometimes decide not to follow blogs that don't look a certain way to you?

I'll be honest, when I was first looking for a template to set my blog up, I scouted out a few other blogs just to kind of get some idea's on what I wanted to do, what content to include, and a basic feel for how I wanted everything to flow and then I set to work with the task. In the last few months, my blog has gone through three design changes and I am very happy with my last one thanks to, the lovely Lori over at Use Your Imagination for the current one and hopefully final one. I knew I wasn't going to be happy with my blog at all, if I didn't like the layout as well as the content. So, I sort of set to work on both of them at the same time to kind of balance the look and feel of it out.

I've gotten wonderful compliments on all of my designs and even my contents, so I'm not sure if it affects whether people follow me or not. I'd like to think they follow me more for the content, than for the design itself. However, I hated to admit this, but there are some blogs that I haven't followed because their layout seemed to be all over the place or there was music playing in the background, which is a big turn-off for me with any site in particular. Now, if it's an easy fix and you get the option to mute the sound, that's one thing. But, more often than nought, that's just simply isn't the case and it sort of turns me off.

Most of the time, though, I will usually go ahead and follow.


What about you, do you judge a blog by it's design?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari