Thursday, April 21, 2011

#005 Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday


Third Sentence Thursday is a nifty little weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books.

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!

THE SECRET LIFE OF DAMIAN SPINELLI (AS TOLD BY DIANE MILLER) BY CAROLYN HENNESYThe Secret Life of Damian Spinelli By Carolyn Hennesy
b&n // amazon
Published Date: April 5, 2011
Publisher: Hyperion
Book Format: Hardback, pp 256

It only took me a second to recognize the voice; I knew I wasn't gonna be enjoyin' a plate of meatballs or baby-doll pj's anytime soon. (pp. 196)

Summary: Brusque Lady . . .
Please meet the Jackal at the bar in the Metro Court at 10:00 PM sharp. Although it is somewhat past my his bedtime, he must speak with you on a grave matter concerning many of your clientele. Do not fail me him.
Regards,
The Jackal


So begins an evening unlike any other in Port Charles. When high- powered attorney Diane Miller agrees to meet with computer hacker extraordinaire Damian Spinelli, otherwise known as The Jackal, she knows she's in for an interesting night. But the stories he has to tell about some of Port Charles's most famous, and infamous, inhabitants are beyond her wildest imagination. Could these tales possibly be true? Or is Spinelli using her for some other purpose?

From the deck of the Smilin' Lila to the halls of General Hospital, from the Case of the Vamping Valkyrie to the Case of the Contrived Contralto, here are Spinelli's tales of intrigue, kidnapping, murder, and more. The office of Spinelli/McCall, P.I., has never been busier.

Spinelli may be a gumshoe like no other, but he will save, defend, and protect the citizens of Port Charles until the bitter end!


Damian Spinelli arrived in Port Charles in 2006. As the finest computer hacker around, he has decided to put his talent to good use as a private detective. The role of Spinelli on ABC Daytime's General Hospital is played by Bradford Anderson.

Diane Miller is a high-powered attorney in Port Charles. She represents Sonny Corinthos and Jason Morgan, among others. The role of Diane Miller on General Hospital is played by Daytime Emmy- nominated Carolyn Hennesy. Carolyn also appears in the ABC prime-time series Cougar Town. In addition to The Secret Life of Damian Spinelli, Carolyn is the author of the Pandora's Mythic Misadventures series for tweens. She lives in the Los Angeles area with her fab husband, Donald, two cool cats, and one groovy dog.

*Summary taken from B&N.



OMG! This book is HI-LARIOUS. Seriously, it is. Even if you aren't a fan of General Hospital YOU SHOULD BE READING THIS BOOK. I mean, really it's kind of fantastic and the perfect light read that you can easily slip into between all of those heavier make you really think type reads. I don't have to tell anyone that this show has been with me for 18+ years and I feel like I've literally grown up with Robin Scorpio and I remember the good ol' days of Robin&Stone (who were the reason I started watching in the first place) and Brenda&Sonny, hell I even remember when Amber Tamblyn played Emily Quartermaine, back BEFORE Jason was ever involved with the mob and we won't even begin to get into the many changes his hair has gone through since then. Seriously, there should be a book or a show just simply dedicated to that alone.

This book my very well be my FAVORITE READ of the year, true facts. And to honor the fact that I'm such a geek and illustrate my geek level to greater heights, I'll leave you with a few lyrics that seriously sum up who I am..."l.o.s.e.r. i can only be who i are." ;)


NAOMI AND ELY'S NO KISS LIST BY RACHEL COHEN AND DAVID LEVITHANNaomi and Ely's No Kiss List
By Rachel Cohen and David Levithan
b&n // amazon
Publish Date: August 26, 2008 (Re-print)
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Age Range: Young Adults
Format: Hardcover, pp 256

I also backed up Mom's lies to the board that we'd pay for all the damages. (pp 01)

Summary: NAOMI AND ELY ARE BEST FRIENDS.

Naomi loves and is in love with Ely, and Ely loves Naomi, but prefers to be in love with boys. So they create their "No Kiss List" of people neither of them is allowed to kiss. And this works fine - until Bruce. Bruce is Naomi's boyfriend, so there's no reason to put him on the List. But Ely kissed Bruce even though he is boring.

But Ely kissed Bruce even though he is boring. The result: a rift of universal proportions and the potential end of "Naomi and Ely: the institution." Can these best friends come back together again?


*Summary taken from Goodreads.



I was totally psyched about finding this book on my library shelves and then I found out it was from the author's who write Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. I loved LOVED love that book plus the movie. I like, seriously, wanted to draw hearts around it so I knew that this book was/is going to be epicly amazing. And now, I totally want to read Boy Meets Boy because it looks totally amazing too. So, this books soon to be a movie too, and I cannot wait for that. I'm curious as to who it will cast as the main character's and what kind of playlist will be associated with this one, because you know it will. I can kind of see Ellen Page as Naomi, but I have no idea who I'd fantasy cast as Ely, yet. Hmm, I'll have to think on that one.

But, yes I can't wait to dig into this one, definitely planning on it as soon as I'm finished with The Secret Life of Damian Spinelli.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari