Tuesday, June 14, 2011

#010 Teaser Tuesday

This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

01. Grab your current read and open to a random page
02. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page, but BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
03. Share the title and the author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!


SPELLBOUND BY CARA LYNN SHULTZSpellbound
By: Cara Lynn Shultz
E-ARC From Netgalley
b&n // amazon
Published Date: June 21, 2011
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Book Format: Paperback; pp 352
Age Demographic: Young Adult

The photo came alive and suddenly I was in the scene, feeling the weight of the heavy gold dress. I removed dead petals from a perfect red rose, which had just started to wilt, when I sliced open my finger on a razor-sharp thorn. I felt it rip through my flesh, shredding my skin. I pulled away my finger, gripping it tightly to stop the bleeding. But it wouldn't stop. (pp 75)

What's a girl to do when meeting The One means she's cursed to die a horrible death?

Life hasn't been easy on sixteen-year-old Emma Conner, so a new start in New York may be just the change she needs. But the posh Upper East Side prep school she has to attend? Not so much. Friendly faces are few and far between, except for one that she's irresistibly drawn to—Brendan Salinger, the guy with the rock-star good looks and the richest kid in school, who might just be her very own white knight.

But even when Brendan inexplicably turns cold, Emma can't stop staring. Ever since she laid eyes on him, strange things have been happening. Streetlamps go out wherever she walks, and Emma's been having the oddest dreams: visions of herself in past lives—visions that warn her to stay away from Brendan. Or else.

*Summary taken from Goodreads.



So far, I am really enjoying this book and since it's already out in paperback (tiny muffled yay!) I may actually splurge a bit and pick up a copy of it, since I know that I'll want to re-read it again at some point and since I'm such a nice sister, I know my sister will want to read it too. I really am falling in love with this book. You may have to save me from my own insanity. lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari