Thursday, September 1, 2011

#018 Follow Me Friday + #018 Blog Hop

FOLLOW ME FRIDAYHappy Follow Me Friday, everyone! The long and short of it, life is crazy and reading is my life, basically. So, yeah this feature is awesomesauce.

Go visitParajunkee's View, to get the deets on it and start having some fun. It's all about meeting some new people, finding new blogs to follow, and basically just having fun with awesome people.


This weeks feature just happens to be one of my good friends, LISA AT LISA LOVES LITERATURE. She is such a sweet person and super fun to get to know, so totally check out her blog, and follow her because she's awesome like that. :)

THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK


"If you could change the ending of any book (or series), which book would you choose? Why and to what?"


Like a lot of my fellow book bloggers, I'm going to go with the Twilight Saga. And I just want to warn you now, that this will contain spoilers and possibly mild fangirl ranting a bit. I just can't seem to get away from that scene. So, this is the one where Breaking Dawn irked me, BEWARE.

Few things you should know:

01. I am not a Jacob/Bella shipper. I liked their friendship in New Moon, but anything beyond that and it irritated me.
02. I started disliking Jacob because of his actions in New Moon and did not start to really like him again, until his chapters and hostile banter with Rosalie (for which I somehow strangely started shipping the two like crazy) in Breaking Dawn. IDEK, don't ask.
03. I do ship Edward/Bella, but I was not happy with the so-called "happy ending" that they were given in Breaking Dawn because I felt like it was way entirely too easy.

All of that being stated is the obvious, here's the thing that's not even a blip on the radar of what frustrated me to no ends with Breaking Dawn. For starter's, that whole baby storyline just outright sucked out loud and it was a slap in the face to my favorite character in the series, Rosalie. I will not be persuaded otherwise, I stand firm on that. Then, this whole "if Jacob can't have Bella, then he can imprint on her daughter" was just really disgusting. Please, if he's not going to end up with the girl that he's been fighting for and dying to be with, then can he at least imprint on someone who can actually give a damn about him back? Ya know, like Leah for instance. That would have been really nice, don't you think?

Also, that whole building the conflict up with the Volturi and we weren't really given the war or all out bloodbath like I hoped we would have been give with ya know, actual casualties and all - that sucked so much it wasn't even funny. Never mind the fact that Stephenie Meyer couldn't write a decent action scene if her life depended on it. Yes folks, this is how I feel. Sorry it got nasty the fandom and their crazy wackadoodles all but destroyed my love for this series. I was actually trying to be nice.

One more thing I feel like I should point out, it wasn't always Edward wants to change Bella. It was more to the point of, Bella wanted what she wanted and she would have gotten it by any means necessary, so he just went ahead and gave her what she wanted. I realize, at times, that their relationship might not have seemed as realistic as some would imagine a relationship to be, but that doesn't mean that they didn't love one another or weren't in love.

Sure, if I can admit that Bella loved Jacob, then it can at least be said that Edward loved Bella too.



BOOK BLOGGER HOP Brought to you by the ever awesome and fiercely amazing CRAZY FOR BOOKS. Want to make a connection with a fellow blogger? Feel the need for a few new followers? Or you just want to spread some blogger spirit and love? Well, this is totally the "blogger hop" for you and you can find out how to do all that at CRAZY FOR BOOKS.



THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK


"What are you most looking forward to this fall/autumn season – A particular book release? Halloween? The leaves changing color? Cooler temperatures? A vacation? (If your next season is other than fall/autumn, tell us about it and what you are most looking forward to in your part of the world!)"


I love the Fall/Autumn season so much, because you get colder weather, snappy boots, pretty scarves (and I do have a scarf fetish - preferably knitted/homemade), warm apple cinnamon cider, pumpkin pie-in-the-sky ice cream from Cream Stone, and the beautiful rustic colors of the leaves all golden, brown, and burnt orange reds. I love taking walks in the brisk weather, feeling the wind on my face, a bit of the chill in my bones. It reminds me that I'm human, we're all human and there's a time for re-growth and to re-group. There's a time of reflection over the year and a time to look forward to the newer things. It's just basically the spirit of the season that I'm looking the most forward too, that and curling up in my favorite pj's, with a warm cup of tea/hot cider/pumpkin coffee, with a fabulous book and just reading.

Or ya know, getting in touch with an old friend again for old time sakes, just simply to remember the good times shared. Ya know, just to say "we can be better" and "i love you, too."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari