Saturday, February 7, 2015

Book Tag: Top 5 Embarrassing Unread Books

Let's talk about the most embarrassing unread books that I have lying around on my Kindle and also stacked on my shelves, because it's incredibly out of control and all I just really want to do is that facepalm-y thing. I'm almost too embarrassed to tell you what they are, let alone show you the video of me talking about, but alas I shall share them. 


Reagan @ PeruseProject is kind of awesome, she's definitely one of my favorite Booktuber's, and I really enjoy her channel quite a bit. So, when I saw that she had a video where she talks about her most embarrassing unread books, I figured if she could talk about hers then I could definitely share what mine are. 



Honestly, I don't know why I haven't read the Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead yet, it's just one of those things where I kept putting off reading the last book in the TVA series. I think it was mostly because I had been a bit spoiled for the ending (even though I kind of saw it coming) and also partially, because I was being a bit of an irrational frustrated fan of the series because I didn't get my way with the ship I wanted and I was fuming just a bit. Either way, I'm definitely planning on reading that book and finishing up the series at some point this year, because I really want to start reading The Bloodline's spin-off series. ADRIAN IVASHKOV!

I've been meaning to read the Black Jewels Trilogy for a long time now, I've had the first three books and a companion novel to the series sitting on my shelf for about two or three years now. I feel absolutely horrid about this, because one of my bestie's Molli @ Books and Whimsy actually sent those to me as a gift and I have yet to read. Anyway, we both decided that since I really NEED to read that series and she'd like to re-read the first book, that we're going to do a buddy read of the first book Daughter of the Blood, in March. This is sort of perfect for me, because that's the month that I'll be Taking Control of My TBR Reading Pile Challenge. She's had nothing but good things to say about this series and since Fantasy has started to become one of my absolute favorite genre's I am definitely looking forward to reading this with her.

You know that facepalm-y thing that I talked about earlier?! Yeah, you can pretty much just insert that right about now, because I haven't read The Giver by Lois Lowry. I think this is probably my MOST EMBARRASSING UNREAD BOOK yet. I haven't even watched the movie, because I want to read the book first before I let myself do that and I've heard really good things about both. Well, more mixed, where the movie is concerned. I feel like I don't even have a good enough reason for this one, except to say that every time I've thought about it the cover of it just made it seem unappealing and that really just made me sound like the biggest book snob ever. I WILL FIX THAT THIS YEAR!

Everybody that I watch in the Booktube community has been talking about Red Rising and how good it is and I don't even know why I haven't read this one yet. It's pretty much everything that I want in a fantasy novel, plus it's Adult and I've been wanting to read more books that aren't in the YA or NA category and branch out a little bit more. I don't even have an excuse good enough, because this book and the newest one are both sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read and I probably won't get to them until around May or June. But, I am determined to at least read Red Rising before the year is up.

Again, this is another awesome series that I've heard SO MANY good things about, and I've got all of the books on my Kindle. I should be reading this series, because it looks like it's amazing and it looks like it's something that's totally right up my street. I think, with this one, I was kind of waiting for them all to come out so that I could marathon read them. Plus, I have so many other series that I haven't finished yet, that the thought of starting another one just added to the pile. I will at least get the first book read before the year is out for sure.

2 comments:

  1. I have my share of embarrassment too! I definitely going to make a post about this!
    You know what, I haven't read any of these books except for The Giver! Lol I think that just adds to my list. xD But I don't think I want to be reading Ruby Red because I've read a lot of negative reviews about it and it is something that I wouldn't like either.
    Anyway, put the shame away! Start reading! xD
    Azee @ UnderCover Critique

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ok, Susan! I've only read The Giver and The Last Sacrifice out of that list! I really would like to read Red Rising someday soon. It sounds amazing!

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari