Friday, June 10, 2011

#009 Follow Me Friday + Blog Hop = Tons of Fun! Tigger-iffic, Right?!

FOLLOW ME FRIDAYHappy Follow Me Friday, everyone! The long and short of it, life is crazy and reading is my life, basically. So, yeah this feature is awesomesauce.

Go here, to get the deets on it and start having some fun. It's all about meeting some new people, finding new blogs to follow, and basically just having fun with awesome people.


This week she's featuring the awesome Nicki J Markus. So, if you haven't headed on over there, go check out her awesome blog and it's a lot of fun and pruple too, my favorite color. So royal! You can find out more about here over here. ;)


"he magic book fairy pops out of your cereal box and says "you and your favorite character (from a book of course) can switch places!" Who are you going to switch with?"


Photobucket


I'd totally want to be the awesomely fierce and kickass Rose Hathaway, from Richelle Mead's, Vampire Academy series. I fell in love with the character of Rose immediately, when I started reading the book. She's spunky, complicated, and has absolutely no problems scoring a boyfriend. She fights the foces of supernatural, keeps her best friend Lissa safe at whatever cost that may be, falls in love, and takes out Strigoi left and right. Vampires, that is. Who doesn't want to be her?

And she does all of this with only the grace, style, and aplomb that she herself posseses. She's just Rose, a really super kickass relatable heroine that's a lot of fun to read. Plus, if I were here and I had my choice, I'd have chosen Adrian every.single.time.

*Image Courtesy of shadowkissed.net.



BOOK BLOGGER HOP Brought to you by the ever awesome and fiercely amazing CRAZY FOR BOOKS. Want to make a connection with a fellow blogger? Feel the need for a few new followers? Or you just want to spread some blogger spirit and love? Well, this is totally the "blogger hop" for you and you can find out how to do all that HERE.


THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK


"WHO IS THE ONE AUTHOR THAT YOU ARE DYING TO MEET?"


Ooh, I love this question, like I want to draw hearts around it that's how much I love it. If she were alive, my immediate answer would be, V.C. Andrews. I remember I was fifteen years old the first time I discovered her books and I found myself standing in the middle of the library with a copy of Flowers In The Attic and My Sweet Audrina (which, would later come to be one of my top five favorite books ever written and read) in my hands looking like a kid in a candy store having to decide which one. I brought both of them home with me and devoured them. I could not get enough of her writing and so I searched the stacks frantically, to see if I could find more and I read every single one of her books that I could find and enjoyed them all. Though, I have to say that, I find myself enjoying the books that she herself had actually written and not so much her ghost writer Neiderman who is a whole other story. Grr.

But, yes, if I could shake the dead awake and dust off her coffin (provided that she lives in one) and rattle her bones a bit, I think I'd question her back to death about many things. Alas, seeing how I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon. I think I'm going to go with a live one and say, Cassandra Claire, because I love the world that she's created for her Mortal Instruments series and also her, Infernal Devices. She's got so many wonderful character's filled with so much life and darkness and color, with so many wonderful background scenery and images that dance to life on the pages. Questions, yes, I have them for her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari