Friday, July 1, 2011

#012 Follow Me Friday + #012 Blog Hop

FOLLOW ME FRIDAYHappy Follow Me Friday, everyone! The long and short of it, life is crazy and reading is my life, basically. So, yeah this feature is awesomesauce.

Go here, to get the deets on it and start having some fun. It's all about meeting some new people, finding new blogs to follow, and basically just having fun with awesome people.


Photobucket


This week she's featuring the coolest chick around the blog-o-sphere, Erika from Let's Talk About Books! I already follow her, that's why I know she's like the coolest, hippest, most awesome girl in the 'sphere. So, you should totally follow too.


THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK


"ACK! Your favorite book/movie character (example Hermione Granger played by the Emma chick) just walked into the room! Who is it and what would be your first reaction? You get extra points if you include visual stimulation.?"


So, I'm totally going old!school with this, and choosing my two hottest badass girls that totally kickass and take names later - ain't nothin' but a Buffy thang - give it up for Cordelia Chase and Faith Lehane. 'Cause we all know when it came to the cool kids, they were right at the top of their class. Like seriously, my love for Charisma Carpenter knows no bounds and I totally like, want to draw spikey hearts of barbwire around Eliza Dushku.

Cordelia Chase ;; Buffy the Vampire Slayer Meet Cordelia Chase, the nastiest bitch in Sunnydale history. Smart, snarky, intelligent, popular, and totally bitchy. I LOVE HER! Knew immediately the second Charisma showed up on my screen, she'd be my favorite actress ever, and Cordelia Chase would definitely go down in the books as one of my ALL TIME FAVORITE character's. Cordelia Chase ;; Angel That Joss, he's such a freakin' genius, seriously. Because, he gave us a girl that gave the best "bitch please," facials and also, a girl who went from being possibly shallow, highly judgemental, and totally bitchy; who became a hero - someone who gave her own life up in order to save her friends and Angel. She didn't compromise when push came to shove, she just did what she had to do. And the best thing about Cordelia Chase, she wasn't some snively little cry!Buffy. Nope, she was the most feirce, badass, mother frelling kickass chick ever!

Faith Lehane;; Buffy the Vampire SlayerFaith, was always a force to be rekoned with. She just simply came out full swingin', kickin' ass, and takin' no prisoners. It is what it is, with her. She didn't whine, complain, or bitch around about the weight of the world being on her shoulders. She just did what she did and that was that. Faith Lehane;; Buffy the Vampire Slayer This is, what I loved so much about her. Of course, she got to be the bad girl, which was a lot more fun than being oh, I don't know...the responsible one, with the whole "actions have consequences." She grew though, as the show progressed. I think I liked her better on Angel in some instances, than I did on Buffy. But, then again, there was that scene in Bad Girls where the two of them dancing solidified my eternal love for all things Buffy and Faith, shipper wise. Chine Burn, still one of my favorite songs to date, because of that scene.


BOOK BLOGGER HOP Brought to you by the ever awesome and fiercely amazing CRAZY FOR BOOKS. Want to make a connection with a fellow blogger? Feel the need for a few new followers? Or you just want to spread some blogger spirit and love? Well, this is totally the "blogger hop" for you and you can find out how to do all that HERE.


THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK


"What keeps you reading beyond the first few pages of a book, and what makes you want to stop reading a book and put it back on the shelf?"


This is a really great question. I think it all depends on if the summary on the back of the book or on the inside cover resonates enough with me, that makes me want to crack the book open and read the first few pages just to kind of get a feel for the tone of the book or if the point of view the book is written in, is one that I can easily follow along with. I don't know, answering the first part of this question is a lot harder than I thought it would be, because it's difficult for me to explain what I mean exactly.

What makes me stop reading a book is much easier and that has to do with not being able to connect with the character's, the pacing of the book being slow, too much flowery imagery and not enough plot development, and a whole other passle of things. But, I try and finish almost every book that I read.

{Small Note:The gif's used in this post are courtesy of breeliz @ livejournal, illyriaz_shell, lgirlx521, and I_Love_JennaJameson @ fanforum}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari