Tuesday, November 8, 2011

#024 Teaser Tuesday

This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

01. Grab your current read and open to a random page
02. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page, but BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
03. Share the title and the author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!



LIFE IS BUT A DREAM BRIAN JAMESLife Is But A Dream
By Brian James
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Publish Date: March 27, 2012
Format: Hardback, pp
Age Demographic: Young Adult
b&n // amazon

“Something is wrong with the sky. Thinner and nearly see-through, the sky is like a worn bedsheet tacked loosely over the sun, which blaezes brightly on the other side. I stop for a second to watch and the other kids hurry past.

I breathe in and the blue fades out. I exhale swirling colors that streak across the clouds like rainbows on soapy water. I reaach upward with my free hand. The evening sunlight touches my skin like golden water and I feel safe--almost like heaven is falling from the sky to protect me. It should be confusing but somehow it all makes sense to me. It makes sense the way a dream makes sense. The only difference is, I'm awake.” (pp 01)


Alec and Sabrina are crazy in love. Problem is: Sabrina’s really crazy.

Sabrina, an artist, is diagnosed with schizophrenia, and her parents check her into the Wellness Center. There she meets Alec, who is convinced it's the world that's crazy, not the two of them. They are meant to be together; they are special. But when Alec starts to convince Sabrina that her treatment will wipe out everything that makes her creative, she worries that she'll lose hold of her dreams and herself.

Should she listen to her doctor? Her decision may have fatal consequences.

*Summary taken from Goodreads.


I absolutely love the way this novel starts, the thing that hooked me was the blurb on the front cover of it, "Is the world crazy--or is she?" The writing is just absolutely beautiful and the story is emotionally charged. It's just beautiful and scary and special in a sense.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari