Friday, April 1, 2011

#003: Follow Me Friday

FOLLOW ME FRIDAYHappy Follow Me Friday, everyone! I know I'm a little late, but eh you forgive me right?! The long and short of it, life is crazy and reading is my life, basically. So, yeah this feature is awesomesauce.

Go here, to get the deets on it and start having some fun. It's all about meeting some new people, finding new blogs to follow, and basically just having fun with awesome people.


This weeks feature is the lovely, BOOKS AHOY! And randomly, I gotta tell ya I love the name of the blog, seriously. It's totally catchy and just all kinds of cute, so scoot on over there and scope it out. I am, for sure.


FOLLOW ME FRIDAYLast week I decided that I wanted to start a book blog because I love to read books. I also thought it would be cool to share my opinion of a book with other people who also like reading, so I did a little research. I decided to ask my friend BookLover and she thought it was a great idea, so we became co-writers. After deciding on what we would do on the blog BooksAhoy was born.

Personally I love to read and there is hardly ever a time when you won't see my nose in a book. My favorite genre of books are action/adventure books with a little romance thrown into the mix, such as Twilight. BookLover is a big fan of the fantasy books. This combination gives us both a chance to explore new book boundaries. Overall, we love to read and can't imagine a world without books.


Alright then, sounds like a book blog right up my alley for sure, ya'll. So, come on now with ya and go check it out. :)

And it's that time again, for the question of the week and here goes...

"What is the book that you really don't want to admit to loving?"


Oh boy, this one really isn't that hard at all. That book would probably come from the Twilight series by Stephanie Meyer. And my reasoning for that, has more to do with the fandom and my experience in it than it probably does with the books, and also the fact that the movies have hyped it up so much that it's turned into almost a cultish-type phenomenon rife with team!this or team!that because you just can't be both - it's either or. Apparenlty it's a sin to be any other way.

For some reason, the book New Moon became my favorite out of the series and I loved it for all of the angst, plus the fact that it's the one that I connected with the most emotionally. I hate to tell people that this book is one of my favorites, because of the stigma that being a fan of the popular series carries with it. That and the fact, that I don't really seem to care anything at all about the series or the fandom itself much anymore due to the heinous ways that I've seen people acting regarding Edward/Bella or Jacob/Bella or just Jacob Black in particular.

I'm entirely waaaaay too opinionated and hot-headed when it comes to this series of books that I once actually loved so fiercely, before I let the unrulyness of the fandom almost ruin the appeal of them for me. To most everyone else, I just really want to throw up a big fat finger and say, "Frex you, Rosalie Hale Cullen FTMFrexingWin yo'!"

(And don't even get me started on the 10,001 ways of casting Nikki Reed as my beloved Rosalie, was 1.) a slap in the face to the character herself and 2.) just utterly disgusting all the way around. Because, really...they could have done so much better.)

See, I told you that I was entirely too opinion when it came to discussing these books, so done now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari