Thursday, April 7, 2011

#003 Third Sentence Thursday + Mini-Rant

Third Sentence Thursday


Third Sentence Thursday is a nifty little weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books.

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!

ACROSS THE UNIVERSEStolen by Lucy Christopher
barnes&noble // amazon

"No one had ever looked at me like that before, with that kind of intensity." pp 01

Summary: Sixteen year old Gemma is kidnapped from Bangkok airport and taken to the Australian Outback. This wild and desolate landscape becomes almost a character in the book, so vividly is it described. Ty, her captor, is no stereotype. He is young, fit and completely gorgeous. This new life in the wilderness has been years in the planning. He loves only her, wants only her. Under the hot glare of the Australian sun, cut off from the world outside, can the force of his love make Gemma love him back? The story takes the form of a letter, written by Gemma to Ty, reflecting on those strange and disturbing months in the outback. Months when the lines between love and obsession, and love and dependency, blur until they don't exist - almost.

Taken from Goodreads.

I just happened to return some books to the library today, while in town running the gran around for earrands and before heading over to Wal-Mart and noticed this book was sitting all nice and comfy cozy on the shelf just waiting for me to pick it up. They must have just gotten it in, because it doesn't look like they've checked it out. So, yay for me stalking the shelves and whatnot.

So far, I've only read the first page or well scanned, is more like it. I can't wait to tuck in with it tonight and really get started. I was originally going to check out Ink Exchange and try to finish up Wicked Lovely tonight or tomorrow at the latest, but for some reason they couldn't find it on the shelves even though it said that it was available to be checked out. It's kind of odd to me, because I nearly checked it out a couple weeks ago when I was in there picking up some other books. Maybe I should have, they said they'd call me after they'd gone through their shelves and hopefully maybe found it.

I also couldn't find a couple of Holly Black books that I was interested in reading either, which is a bit annoying. The online catalog said they were available, but when we went to find them on the shelves they were not to be found either. I get super annoyed when people steal books from the library or just keep them/deliberately don't return something they've borrowed. It's just really incredibly rude to the other patrons who are honest and turn things in on time and who really would like to read those books as well.

Oi! Anyway, and that concludes this book rant of the day. lol.

Oh, and I'm putting off my IMM (In My Mailbox) post for a few more days, because I know that I have some books coming to me and I want to make sure they get here before I make the post and I have some awesome goodies to talk about. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari