Tuesday, May 31, 2011

#008 Teaser Tuesday

This meme is brought to you weekly by MizB over at Should Be Reading.

Anyone can play along, just do the following:

01. Grab your current read and open to a random page
02. Share two (2) "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page, but BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
03. Share the title and the author, too, so other TT participants can add the book to their TBR List if they like your teaser!


BETWEEN HERE AND FOREVER BY ELIZABETH SCOTTBetween Here And Forever
By Elizabeth Scott
b&n // amazon
Published Date: May 24, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Book Format: Hardback; pp 256
Age Demographic: Young Adult

"You, I think. I am terrified of you. Of how your kindness makes me like you inspite of myself. Of how you make dream things I haven't dreamed before. You, I think. But I don't say it." (pp 131)

Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.

Until the accident.

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her.

She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen.

Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could.

*Summary taken from Goodreads.



This book is sad, hopeful, and inspiring and full of so much more than I could have hoped for. It's really been a great read, so far. Plus, I find myself completely connecting with Abby, the main character, on so many levels it's almost scary in a sense. I feel sad for her, but at the same time I want her to be able to step out of that shadow and really shine the way that Eli has told her, she does. The quote above, is the best one I could pick to describe who Abby really is, and how fear and living in shadows has really affected her and affected the way that she sees herself, unable to see what everyone else sees when they look at her, because she's constantly afraid of the disappointment she thinks they'll find when they do really see the "real" her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari