Thursday, June 23, 2011

#012 Third Sentence Thursday

Third Sentence Thursday


Third Sentence Thursday is a nifty little weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books.

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence here or if you don't have a blog, just post it in the comments!

This week's Third Setence Thursday comes from my most current read, Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma and despite it's controversial subject matter, it is a quite cleverly and quite brilliantly written and well developed story told of a romance forbidden, but one of the most beautifully illustrated and self-sacrificing variety. Please, I strongly implore you, when this novel becomes avaialble on store shelves - RUN - do not walk to your nearest bookstore and purchase this. Take it home and give it a chance, I promise you, you will not be disappointed in the slightest bit.

I realize the little snippet is longer than it probably should be, but I really did not want to break that up, as the love depicted was so beautifully illustrated between the two main character's of the novel. You cannot help, but want them to be together, even though it's all somehow wrong and the universe is perverse and so very effed up. It's their world and it's beautiful and compassionate and it belongs to them, so very fragile that even the slightest touch could send either one of them careening over the edge.

I can only imagine how delicious it would be, to ache like this for just one moment etched in time, one moment where my own heartbeat so wildly in my chest that I found myself so encompassed with nothing but a deep longing love literally eating me from the inside out and threatening to swallow me whole. How beautiful, it must feel to bask in the amazing glow for even just one second, shutting away the outside world and their ignorance that accompanies to shed nothing but darkness upon something so beautiful, so natural as loving someone else in such a pure and simple, honest way.


FORBIDDEN BY TABITHA SUZUMAForbidden
By: Tabitha Suzuma
E-ARC From S&S Galley Grab
b&n // amazon
Published Date: June 28, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Book Format: Hardback; pp 464
Age Demographic: Young Adult

"Loving him like this has become a deep physical ache. I am overcome by a kalaidescope of conflicting emotions: on the one hand fizzing with so much adrenaline and excitement that I find it difficult to eat; on the other, consumed with terror that Lochan is suddenly going to say we cannot do this because it is wrong. Or that someone may find out and force us apart. I will not listen to the ticking timebomb inside my head, will not think of the future, that gaping dark hole in which neither of us can exist, together or apart...I refuse to let all my fears of the future ruin the present. All that matters right now is that Lochan is here with me and that we love each other. I have never felt so happy in my life." (pp 227)

Seventeen-year-old Lochan and sixteen-year-old Maya have always felt more like friends than siblings. Together they have stepped in for their alcoholic, wayward mother to take care of their three younger siblings. As defacto parents to the little ones, Lochan and Maya have had to grow up fast. And the stress of their lives—and the way they understand each other so completely—has also also brought them closer than two siblings would ordinarily be. So close, in fact, that they have fallen in love.

Their clandestine romance quickly blooms into deep, desperate love. They know their relationship is wrong and cannot possibly continue. And yet, they cannot stop what feels so incredibly right. As the novel careens toward an explosive and shocking finale, only one thing is certain: a love this devastating has no happy ending.

*Summary taken from Goodreads.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari