Wednesday, November 16, 2011

#003 Top Ten Tuesday

Photobucket


Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome little meme hosted by The Broke And The Bookish that was created, because they're list-y type people who likes to get list-y with the books and various bookish things they like. So, go on over here to their blog The Broke and the Bookish for all the deets and check it out for yourself.

This week I'll be talking about my top ten books that I've had sitting on my shelf for the longest. That will be no small feat, in itself. lol. I hate to say this or even admit it out loud, but some of my books have up been up there long enough they've either got cobwebs between the pages or they've become permanent dust catchers. Yep, I know...I'm horrible. But, I have plan, I'm going to be reading those ten books a long with a ton of other's that will be coming out within the next year. Man, that's going to be A LOT of reading, but I can do it.

The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I cannot believe that I haven't read these books yet, it's sad but true. I don't even know, I have absolutely no excuse for this. But, I'm going to try and make this right sometime soon.

The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. I said all the way through summer that I was going to get around to digging into this series and the summer came and the summer went, and I didn't do what I had originally planned. I think other books and things kind of got in the way, sort of. But still, since the release of The Iron Knight, I am definitely going to try and get to this series.

The Luxe series by Anna Godbersen. I am definitely going to make it a point to at least start this series BEFORE the year is over and try to finish it up around the beginning of next. I've had such an amazingly fun time reading, Bright Young Things and I really love the way that Anna Godbersen writes. She has such a beautiful way of telling a story.

Delirium and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I really have got to get around to reading both of these books (hopefully) before the year is finished, if not start one and then wrap up reading the other at the beginning of next. My really good friend Molli @ Once Upon A Prolouge was nice enough to loan me her copy of Before I Fall and right about now I'll bet she's wishing that I would just hurry up and finish it already, and send it back to her. lol.

Vixen by Jillian Larkin. This one isn't quite as old as some of the other's, but I finally picked up a copy when the paperback hit the shelves and I have been dying to just lose myself in it. I've heard nothing, but fantastic things about this series.

Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready. I've heard so many wonderful things about this series, that I couldn't help but add this one to my ever burgeoning and almost too full bookshelf. And there it still sits, really pretty stacked on top of many of my other paranormal young adult romance novels. Hopefully, I will be getting around to this reading this one soon.

The Soul Screamer's series by Rachel Vincent. I hadn't really read any of her books prior to getting the first two books in this series, but I've heard many great things about her. At first, I was like "ugh!" when I realized there was a love triangle involved, but then I soon realized that many people were saying it's not a pesky one and that's it's completely done right. So, this makes me even more excited to dive into these two books and hopefully I'll be able to add the rest to my shelf soon.

The Hollow series by Jessica Verday. I only have the first book in this series sitting on my shelf, but it's been there for a while. I have read some of her other works, though. Like, I've read a couple of her short stories in the anthologies that have been put out and I really like her writing style and I also like what I've heard of this series so far.

Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins. I bought this when it first came out and then like speed read through the first book, Hex Hall, which I enjoyed immensely. But, then I originally started reading this a little while back, then my sister borrowed both Hex Hall and Demonglass and she still has Demonglass. Hopefully, when she's finished with it and I get it back, I can start reading it again. lol.

Stay by Deb Caletti. I bought this book back when it came out, I absolutely adore this author and will pretty much read anything that she writes. I was introduced to her this year and have been reading A LOT more of the contemps than I normally would, so I cannot wait to start reading this one soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari