Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Inspired by their love of lists, they decided to create the awesome meme, so everyone else could link up and share their lists off too. Each week there is a new Top Ten list posted and blogger’s can participate by creating a post on their blog with their response to the Top Ten and link up as well. I will be participating in this meme once in a while throughout the new year.

Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten 2014 Debuts I'm Excited For!

There are TONS of new debuts that I want to read coming out this year (seriously check out all these amazingly awesome new debuts coming out!), so it was hard to narrow just ten of them, without including an HONORARY MENTION that I've 1.) already read and 2.) absolutely cannot wait for it come out and touch other readers the way it touched me!

HONORABLE MENTION BECAUSE HOT SWOON-WORTHY WALKER BOYS!

As You Turn Away (The Walker Boys #1)
Author: Molli Moran
Age Demographic: New Adult
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Self-Published
Release Date: March 1, 2014

When Quinnlan Reynolds left home at 18, she escaped her small, Georgia town and her suffocating upbringing. She started a new life as a ballerina, and tasted freedom for the first time. But four years later, her first visit home turns tragic. Reeling, Quinn tries to piece her life back together again. But doing so is easier said than done when sexy Jonah Walker saunters back into her life.

Quinn shattered Jonah’s heart once, so getting involved with her isn’t something he’s sure he’s ready to do again. He became someone he didn’t recognize when he left home. He’s spent the last years burying his pain by keeping everyone in his life at arm’s length. Now he needs to get to know his family again, and finally become who he wants to be.

But neither Quinn or Jonah can stay away from each other, especially when old feelings resurface. Something is pulling them back together, and they can’t deny their chemistry for long. One Georgia summer could change both their lives forever, if they can work through their past to have a future together.

Beautifully written and full of emotion, As You Turn Away, will leave you breathless. Charmingly sweet and romantic, you'll find yourself getting wrapped up in such a gorgeous love story, self-discovery, and bravery.

You guys are so going to FALL IN LOVE with this book and THE WALKER BOYS. I cannot stop talking about how amazing this book really is and how much it has touched me in SO MANY ways that it's unreal. I can't wait until this book is finally released this year! If you're looking to break out of your comfort zone or are just looking for a really good contemporary romance to charm you, then As You Turn Away is that book that you'll want to pick up.

 photo DEBUTS1_zps2de6c968.png

Prisoner of Night and Fog (Prisoner of Night and Fog #1) by Anne Blankman
Landry Park (Landry Park #1) by Bethany Hagen
Strange Sweet Song by Adi Rule
Elusion by Claudia Gabel and Cheryl Clam
The Beautiful Ashes (Broken Destiny #1) by Jeaniene Frost

I've already read Prisoner of Night and Fog for review and absolutely loved it so much, that I can't wait until the next book in the series is out. I'm also very excited to read Strange Sweet Song and Elusion, which I have an eGalley of for review and will be reading that one next month for sure! I know that Jeaniene Frost is an adult author already, but I included The Beautiful Ashes anyway, because it's her YA debut novel and it looks like it's going to be AH-MAZING!

 photo DEBUTS2_zps7616551b.png

Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
Nearly Gone by Elle Cosimano
A Mad, Wicked Folly by Sharon Biggs Waller
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
Far From You by Tess Sharpe

I've already read Cruel Beauty and fallen in love with it, it's such a gorgeous angsty tale of forbidden love told in a very post-modern gothic way. If Beauty and the Beast and Greek Mythology ever decided to get together and have a baby, this book would definitely be their offspring. I'll be reading an eGalley for review from Edelweiss of A Mad, Wicked Folly for the Historical Fiction challenge that my friend Marie is hosting at her blog. And, my favorite one out of these I've read so far and cannot wait to have a shining gorgeous copy of on my shelf is Far From You, because that story broke my feels in ways unimaginable. Just seriously gorgeous.

So, those are a few of the 2014 Debuts that I want to read and own this year! Got some to share with me? Link up and leave a comment down below, if you have a book to recommend to me, check out the navigation link above and fill out the form.

13 comments:

  1. OOoh nice! I cannot wait for Cruel Beauty either! Not sure I will be able to read that one fast enough! Have already read so many great reviews on it!

    Here's my Tuesday post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh seriously, Cruel Beauty is a gorgeous dark gothic romance, and I love how even though it's inspired by Beauty and the Beast, it's not an exact retelling and there is Green Mythology woven throughout the story. You're going to love it! :)

      Thanks, for stopping by the blog, off to check out your awesome debut list. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I had no idea that Prisoner of Night and Fog is debut. I thought it was a sequel to something xD Silly me. I cannot wait to read Cruel Beauty - I truly hope I'll enjoy it. Thank you for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, if memory serves me it's the first book in a three book deal, that Anne Blankman has been offered and I can't wait for the next book in the series. lol. Ooh, Cruel Beauty, I can't say enough good things about it. It's gorgeous, dark, gothic, and so full of amazing! :)

      Ooh, you're more than welcome, love visiting your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine!

      Delete
  3. I haven't heard of As You Turn Away before now, but it sounds like an amazing read :) I think I'll definitely be buying it once it releases. Elusion sounds so good, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you're going to LOVE As You Turn Away. I had the chance to beta read it this month and was absolutely blown away, it was such a fantastic book. It would definitely make a great summer romance to fall in love with. *g* Yay, I'm sure Molli will be excited to hear that. I'm excited about Elusion too, I have an eGalley of it and I'll be reading it soon.

      Thanks for stopping by the blog! :)

      Delete
  4. Awesome picks! Cruel Beauty is a wonderful read! I hope you love them all when you get to read them!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I really enjoyed Cruel Beauty a lot. It was such a gorgeously written book and so imaginative. *g* I'm sure I will, thanks so much for stopping by. :)

      Delete
  5. Out of all your picks, I've only heard of 1 of them! As You Turn Away sounds wonderful, I've just added it to my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! I promise you, a lot of these sound really good. Prisoner of Night and Fog, Cruel Beauty, and As You Turn Away are beautifully written and so amazing. You're going to love AYTA, I'm excited that you added it to your list. :)

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited about Side Effects May Vary and A Mad, Wicked Folly! Great list and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with the cover from Elusion! It's gorgeous. I've also fallen in love with Cruel Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really looking forward to Strange Sweet Song and Landry Park. I would die for ARCs. But luckily I do have one of Prisoner of Night and Fog and I cannot wait to read it. I am glad you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari