Friday, April 8, 2011

#004 Follow Me Friday + Blog Hop

FOLLOW ME FRIDAYHappy Follow Me Friday, everyone! Once again, I'm late but I've got good things to say, so yeah. The long and short of it, life is crazy and reading is my life, basically. So, yeah this feature is awesomesauce.

Go here, to get the deets on it and start having some fun. It's all about meeting some new people, finding new blogs to follow, and basically just having fun with awesome people.


This weeks feature is the awesomely awesome Lesley @ My Keeper's Shelf. You should totally check out her blog, there's tons of fun stuff going on over there. Show her some love, yeah. :)

MY KEEPER SHELF

I'm fairly new to the world of blogging although I have always checked out other blogs for what to read next suggestions. It kind of started with joining Goodreads last year to help me keep a track of all the books I had read and to find suggestions for fab new books from like minded paranormal romance and urban fantasy readers. I then progressed into joining a few groups on Goodreads to discuss my favourite authors (Karen Marie Moning, Stacia Kane, Ilona Andrews and Nalini Singh to name but a few.) and was then inspired to start my own blog focusing on the types of books I love the most- paranormal romance and urban fantasy (although I do love a good smexy cowboy book now and then!) | To read the rest, go here.

Question: Do you judge a book by its cover?


Totally. I know that probably sounds bad, but yes the cover of the book does play in a part in whether or not I'll read it. If I'm drawn immediately to a cover of a book and find it either pretty (because I'm a girl and girl's like pretty things) or fascinating or interesting, then yes chances are that book will go into my "I'm buying this now and I don't even care if I'm breaking my book buying ban," pile. There have been rare occassions when I've purchased a book that had a hiddeous cover, but the story itself was absolutely one of the most beautiful.

I think the only cover out of the Twilight series that I even remotely liked, was the cover for New Moon as I thought it was absolutely gorgeous. The rest of them, I was like oh geez yuck! And I hate to admit that I even read that series. lol.

BOOK BLOGGER HOP Brought to you by the ever awesome and fiercely amazing CRAZY FOR BOOKS. Want to make a connection with a fellow blogger? Feel the need for a few new followers? Or you just want to spread some blogger spirit and love? Well, this is totally the "blogger hop" for you and you can find out how to do all that HERE.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari