Saturday, June 18, 2011

SiS Read-a-thon Report #001

Okay, so apparently it's the end of the first day in the Read-A-Thon and you have to post an update, since this is my first one to participate in I'm a little behind in it. But, I'm still going to go ahead and post my report anyway, since I'm really having fun with this and was never really expecting to win anything.

Report Day #001:

001. First of all, give us an end-of-day status update. Books read, pages read, you know the drill!

Total Books Read: 1 entire book; 1.5 of another.
Total Pages Read: 513
Books Read Since Last Update: 1
Pages Read since last update: 278
Total time read: 6.5 hours
How I'm currently feeling: Just finished Solid, about to finish reading The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen.

002. What is the favorite thing you have read today?

My favorite thing I've read today, was The Mephisto Covenant. If you haven't been lucky enough to read an ARC of this yet, definitely read it when it comes out. I loveLOVElove this story so much, to the point that I want to draw hearts around it.

003. Which mini-challenge was your favorite?

I loved the mini-challenge where you had to write a 100 word drabble using certain words, it was a lot of fun, especially since I haven't really written anything in a while and I think I did a pretty good job of it.

004. What has been your favorite thing about the read-a-thon?

Reading. Just getting to tackle some books that I've been needing to read, which I'm hoping to finish The Mephisto Covenant and start on The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer at some point today and I'd like to start on Misfit as well, though I don't know if that will happen or not.

005. What has been your LEAST favorite thing about the read-a-thon?

Not being able to keep up with the mini-challenges and usually getting to them late. It's my fault though, because I should educate myself better with the time changes. I wish people would help by converting mountain standard time to central time, to help other's out a little bit, it'd be so nice! :)

006. Are you on track to meet your goals?

I'd like to say that I am, but I still think that I'm running a tad bit behind. I overslept today and didn't wake up at the crack-butt of dawn, so I didn't start reading at the very beginning of the day and now I'm checking my email, approving new friends on Twitter, and writing this report update - even though it's late. Ugh! Oh, and then I think later, I'm going to have to go into town and run a couple of errands for the gran. Life is crazy!

007. Will you be participating tomorrow? Do you have any new goals?

Yes, as much as I can, I will be participating. Of course, I'd like to finish The Mephisto Covenant and start reading The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and at least start on Misfit, either that or Ultraviolet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari