Saturday, June 18, 2011

SIS Read-A-Thon Updates Through The Day - Day #002

This is just me checking in with you for the Read-A-Thon, coming live to you for Day #002. The first day was a whole lot of fun and I did get some of my goals accomplished, so now, I'm going to try and see if I can get other goals accomplished today!

Update:

Total Books Read: 1 entire book; 1.5 of another.
Total Pages Read: 513
Books Read Since Last Update: 1
Pages Read since last update: 278
Total time read: 6.5 hours
How I'm currently feeling: Just finished Solid, about to finish reading The Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen.

Update #008 - Mini-Challenge:

If you had bookshelves FULL of all of your favorite books, how would you organize them?

This is sort of an ironic question for me, because I just finished arranging my new bookshelf and I tried to put all the books in each genre together and then alphabetize them, but then that didn't work out. So, I just put them up on the shelves in genre and and according to height/paperback, etc.

Update #007 - Mini-Challenge:

Name one book you think should be taught in school, grade of your choice.

Photobucket


For the book(s) that I think should be taught in school, I'm definitely going with the HP series because I think that it would be a series of books that I definitely think kids would be interested in reading and also would really inspire creativity and spark loads of discussion.

Update #006 - Mini-Challenge:

Put two characters from different series together (romantically or otherwise) and describe why they would be good together.

Photobucket


I chose to pair up Rose from The Vampire Academy together with Clary from The Mortal Instruments series, because I thought they would be kick-arse awesomely fierce and a dynamic duo that you sure wouldn't want to tangle with. Although, now that I think about it, it might have been the better choice to pair Rosalie from the Twilight saga up with either Jessamine from The Infernal Devices or Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments. I don't know why I didn't think of that, lol.

Update #003 - Mini-Challenge:

The old Shaman looked around, before dipping his low and continued trudging through the dark forest. He cast an eye off to the side, noticing the old goat leaned against a thick gnarled up tree-stump, the only piece of fruit he'd seen since sunrise, a lonely lime resting in his hand as he brought it to his mouth. An old laser-ray resting next to his side, blackness pooled in the shallowness of his eye sockets, and the old Shaman shuddered. This was old evil, true evil that was only spoken of in the hollow dank dwellings of the old lands.


Mini Challenge #001:

Favorite book-movie adaptation: I loved the HP movies, I think in a lot of ways I've come to love those more than the books, which is almost sort of odd because I usually prefer the books to the movie. In this case, I think I look at them as separate entities. Like, there's the books and here's the movies, and they're both different but so very good in their own ways.

Least favorite book-movie adaptation: I have to say that Twilight is my least favorite book-movie adaptation, because it was so poorly executed and there were so many things wrong with it. New Moon and Eclipse were far better, but Twilight failed epicly. Plus, I was not at all pleased with who they chose to cast as Esme or my favorite character Rosalie, either. Choosing Nikki Reed to play Rosalie was epicly disrespectful to the character. Just, ugh!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari