Friday, December 2, 2011

#022 Follow Friday

FOLLOW ME FRIDAYHappy Follow Me Friday, everyone! The long and short of it, life is crazy and reading is my life, basically. So, yeah this feature is awesomesauce.

Go visit Parajunkee's View or Allison Can Read, to get the deets on it and start having some fun. It's all about meeting some new people, finding new blogs to follow, and basically just having fun with awesome people.

This week the two awesome features are Lauren @ Lauren Gets Literal and Lalaine @ FicBookReviewsThese two girls are just as fabulicious as their blogs, so definitely show them some love! :D


THE QUESTION OF THE WEEK


"What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!"


Wow! That's pretty much a loaded question, right there. I have so many pet peeves with books, that I'm not even sure where to begin. The first two that come to mind are insta!love and the dreaded love triangles that seem to be prevalent in a lot of young adult fiction these days. Those things just get up underneath my skin and grate in the worst of ways, because whatever happened to writing a wonderfully developed story without having to employ a love triangle.

Those two are the obvious, but the more I think about it the more it frustrates me when the main character/protagonist/hero/heroine are written in such a shallow, wishy-washy way, that they come off irritating, weak, and just plain annoying. Hello, this is the hero of your story, they're supposed to be strong, intuitive, intelligent, and just plain kick-ass. They're not supposed to be some snively little whiney cry!whatever you want to call them. They're not supposed to complain all of the time about the weight of the world on their shoulders, they're supposed to be the one who takes charge, who leads whatever rebellion, revoloution, or whatever mission to irradicate whatever evil that's out there.

Call me crazy, but I need the books that I read to have a sense of unique creative appeal and a sense of balance between the romance and whatever action or other main plot that's going on in the story. I can't have one over-shadowing another, because when the book that's supposed to be about A becomes mostly about B leaving A secondary, that starts to annoy me greatly. I like a little bit of spice in my variety of books, so when I'm reading paranormal romance I don't want to be reading the same story over and over, I need for each of the books to be a little different, a little more unique in the author's ability to wow me with the story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari