Monday, June 4, 2012

#ARMCHAIR BEA INTRODUCTION

Photobucket
Design by: Nina Reads


ARMCHAIR BEA INTRODUCTION


I am so excited that Armchair BEA is finally here, because it's my first time ever participating in it and I can't wait to be a part of all the awesome happenings. I'm dying to be in NY at BEA, though! But, I'm sure that this is just as amazing as being there and at least, I won't have blisters on my heels, bruises on my shins and arms from pushing my way through the crowd, and all of the other little snaggles and haggles that probably go along with attending the convention. My itty bitty little book blogger heart is still green as the greenest shade of envy can be, at all of those lucky fellow bloggers who are actually attending and getting to meet and greet and sample all of the wonderful wealth the book world has to offer them. Oh, and the connections!

Resolution for the new year (half way through it, anyway) gotta work on those connections, baby! To find out more about this little awesome event, you can check out all the details at Armchair BEA to find out what it's about and how you can participate along with the rest of us crazy book bloggers as we come together and unite&bond over love of books, books, and well, more books!

But, first things first, the introductions.


1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?

Hi, I'm Suz, a small town girl from Texas who loves to read and blog about what I read, while making friends and connections with other's who enjoy reading and blogging too. I've always had a love for reading, even though at times it wasn't as strong or as fierce as it is now, it's just always been there. Reading has been a means of escapism for me, a way to just check out of the real world for a little while, meet new friends, live vicariously through them, while voraciously gobbling up their adventures and getting to see new places and things I'd otherwise never get to see. It's that thing that fuels and spurs my imagination and creative side, that otherwise wouldn't have been tapped into mostly.

I was lucky though, because my mom and my grandparents always encouraged me to read and write, which is pretty much something that I was good at and I liked doing the best more than anything. My life has been influenced and shaped in some ways by some of my favorite authors and their writings and fiction, like V.C. Andrews herself (definitely not the ghost writer), Rachel Caine, L.J Smith, Christopher Pike and other various author's that I read as I was growing up or in my young adult age. I get a little excited and my fingertips literally begin to tingle when I hear that there's going to be another book released by one of the listed above authors, except for that "djalf#djlak" ghost writer fill for my very favorite author ever! This is how I new the world of books and exploring and reading everything I could possibly get my hands on in the way of fiction and sometimes non, was the world that I wanted to live in for the rest of my life.

A little over a year ago I decided to just take the plunge and create a book blog. I thought long and hard about what I wanted to name it, how I wanted to set up, and what kind of content I wanted to put out there in the book bloggers community. I poured a lot of research into and I can assure you that it didn't just happen over night and it wasn't easy, but I think I've finally gotten my little blog recognized a bit and pretty much where I want it to be. I'm happy with the content that I post, with the fellow blogger friends and followers that I've been lucky enough to meet, the tips and tricks that some of my favorite more known bloggers have shared along the way, and the fact that I just get to really talk about something that I love - reading.


2. What are you currently reading, or what is your favorite book you have read so far in 2012?

I just started reading (listening) to Fated by Alyson Noel and so far, it's been pretty interesting. My favorite read so far has been Loving Summer by Kailin Gow. It's this really sweet and sensitive summer romance that will make you laugh and cry, and then laugh some more.



3. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.

I'm an OCD-centric oddball, who can't stand to mix things, like if I'm eating a bag of jolly ranchers then I have to eat all of one color (all one flavor) before I can move onto another color (different flavor). Oh, and I can't stand it when the drawers, cabinets, etc. aren't completely closed and I'll literally go behind people closing things, whether or not their finished using them or not. It's just how I roll. lol.

4. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?

If I could eat a ghostly meal, then I would choose to dine with my very favorite author ever, V.C. Andrews. She's just one of the most interesting and enigmatic people that I've ever had the pleasure of reading about. But, since we're still in the land of the living, I would love to have dinner with Rachel Caine. I love the world that she's created with the Morganville Vampires and the many interesting multi-fasceted characters that she's introduced to me with her amazing ya series. It's definitely one of my favorites and one of the most consistent in young adult fiction, too. As far as character(s) that I would have dinner with, it would definitely have to be the deliciously handsome and swoon worthy Shane, because really who wouldn't?! I MEAN, IT'S SHANE DAMNIT!

5. Where do you see your blog in five years?

I am in love with reading and reviewing books, and also blogging about them. I would definitely love to be able to keep on doing that and coming up with bigger and better content that will capture my fellow bloggers interests and for my little corner bookspace in the blogosphere to become even a little more known among the book blogging community, fellow bloggers, and various publishers/publicists in the book world. But, if it doesn't turn out to be that way, then I'll still be blogging happily about books and posting various thoughts and reviews for them for myself, which was the reason that I created this blog in the first place.

It's just my happy space and that's the way that I plan to keep it.


Thanks for taking the time to get to know me and my little bloggish spot in the book blogging community a little more, I appreciate it. I hope you visit some of the other blogs during Armchair BEA and learn a little bit more about them and just enjoy it in general.

11 comments:

  1. I can see wanting to have dinner with Shane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OCD, huh? I will try very hard to close things just for you!

    Thanks for participating!

    Here's my intro

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, you know I love you!  I am so enjoying getting little sneak peeks into my fellow blogger's heads.  So glad you're participating, girl!  My intro post is up at my blog if you'd like to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Suz! Its so nice to meet you! I love anyone who felt sad and lonely once Buffy ended. I absolutely love that show!
    All you answers were wonderful and well-thought out. Thanks for introducing me to new authors- V.C. Andrews and Kailen Gow!
    Thanks for stopping by my intro post! 
    Rachel 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Suz, it is nice to meet you.  I have to know who this Shane is that you speak of!  Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Suz! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm just like you... OCD to the core. I won't even begin to go through my itemized list of my tendencies, because that's just plain OCD. :P Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy BEA!!! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your wonderful comment!

    I have had the Morganville Vampire series on my TBR list for.ev.er. I really need to get on that! I think you have convinced me. 

    It's my first ArmchairBEA as well and I am excited to see what comes of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am dying to be at BEA too! It's on the wrong continent for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, thanks for stopping by my blog!  It's nice to meet you!  I am only slightly OCD with things... like food touching on my plate, or how my books are displayed.  Lol  There are a few other things too, but aren't we all a bit OCD about some things! ;-D  Hope you are enjoying ABEA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Susan! WOW - I am in love with YOUR blog! The design is so beautiful and crisp! I especially love the fonts - very cool!
    As I was reading through your list of OCD-centricities I was laughing and thinking how freaked out I get when my food touches! I do best when I have those divided paper plates :-D
    crazy, hmmm?
    i am loving Armchair BEA - so happy to meet you and find a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved hearing your story! I am a huge fan of V.C. Andrews, too. I think she's an awesome author and I wish she had been around a bit longer. And I love Rachel Caine too. She's just as sweet and awesome in real life as online!

    And what a great and totally unique name you have for your blog. And the effort you put into getting it set up shows. You have an awesome blog here!

    I'm so glad to see you plan on keeping it going in the future and I wish you the best of success!

    Happy reading and armchair BEA'ing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari