Tuesday, September 16, 2014

15 Days of Being A Book Blogger featuring Day #11: Your 5 Best Posts


This isn't an easy one for me, because I don't know if I have written any "best posts" yet or not, but I don't know that I have a few favorite ones that I've written over the last three years and I think I'll share a little insight on those. Most popular posts wouldn't really work out that well for me either, because I don't think I have any. 

So, my five favorite "best" posts are...

If We Were Having Coffee. I was inspired by the lovely Molli @ Book Whimsy and Jaime @ The Perpetual Page Turner (who originally had written a post of this nature), to just take a big risk and put everything out there in probably one of the most personal posts that I've ever put up on my blog. I don't regret one moment of writing it or posting it for everyone to see, because it's a goal of mine to post throughout the year two or three personal posts such as this so that you guys can get to know who I am a little bit better. Plus, I found some solace and clarity in writing it, it helped me to deal with a lot of things that I had needed to take a closer look at and just put it out there, then let go of it. 

Author Interview with Molli Moran. If you didn't already know, I talk a lot about my bestie Molli Moran, a lot on my blog because she's such an amazing friend and she's also one of the most talented NA author's that I know. She's definitely at the top of my list as one of the best NA author's ever, along with a couple of mutual friends too. Earlier this year, I got the chance to ask her a few questions and basically interview her for my blog. We talked about all the "bookish things" and she told me a little bit about what inspired her to become an author and what some of her favorite things were while writing her debut NA southern contemporary romance, As You Turn Away (The Walker Brothers #1)

I loved being able to do this interview, because I got to share with you guys one of my favorite new debut NA novels, and I also got to promote one of my best friend's books and support her in her dreams of becoming a writer. Right now, she's hard at work writing a new NA southern romance novel, One Song Away and she's also busy posting these swoon-worthy teasers every Saturday where you get to read little snippets from the book itself. If you haven't read As You Turn Away yet, then you really should definitely check it out. It's one of the most amazingly written and emotionally compelling NA contemporary romance novels that I've read in a while. 

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon Challenge: Letter to my Future Self. Again, this was one of the more personal posts that I was talking about and I loved being able to participate in the Book Blogger Love-A-Thon, as much as I could. Writing this future letter to myself, proved to be a little bit of a challenge in how I wanted to go about it, but once I sat down to write it all out the words just somehow sort of came tumbling out of me and it happened in the most genuinely organic way. It took me a years to get to the place where I am in my life and to learn how to be happy with the "me" I am becoming, versus constantly nit-picking at her all the time. It's been tough learning how to let go and let be, but it's been one of the best things that I could have possibly done for myself. So, I was extremely proud of myself, and happy that I was able to share such an open and honest post with you guys.

Book Review for As You Turn Away by Molli Moran. As you can already tell by now, I really LOVED this book for everything it was and everything that it stood for. I am extremely proud of Molli, for pouring everything that she had into writing such a gorgeous and captivating novel that ended up giving me ALL THE FEELS. It's hard to find words to tell you guys how much I really love this book, so I'll just go ahead and quote part of my review and hopefully that will sum up everything nicely for you guys. 

"Beautifully written and full of emotion, As You Turn Away, will leave you breathless. Charmingly sweet and romantic, you'll find yourself getting wrapped up in such a gorgeous love story brimming with self-discovery, courage, and bravery."

Book Blogger Love-A-Thon Interview with Katie @ Worn Down Glories. It's actually kind of funny how this happened really, because neither Kay or I knew that we were going to be paired up, it just sort of happened that way and I couldn't have been more happier because she's definitely one of my favorite people in the book blogging community and she's definitely one of my closest friends. I just love this girl to pieces because she's all kinds of brave and unafraid to be who she is, she's fun to get to know, truly one of the most sweetest and genuine person that I've had the pleasure of getting to know. 

Now that I've shared some of my favorite posts with you guys, what are some of yours? Let me know in the comments below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
GoodReads Amazon Barnes and Noble LibraryThing Shelfari